Are you wondering what an SEO company should be doing for you? Many people often ask me this question:
A good SEO company should not only focus on content, but also help with:
- Duplicate Content – Checking for multiple versions of the same page or other duplicated content.
- Check for issues that could potentially render content invisible to search engines.
- Check that your website server settings are correct.
- Integrate with social media, content, creative, user experience,
paid search, or analytics.
- Find ways to speed up your site.
A good SEO professional not only understands the searcher, but the competitive landscape as well. It isn’t enough to just understand the user’s task, search marketers need to understand what other options are in the marketplace, and how they can fill the gap to provide a better solution for the user’s task.
We’ve come a long way from keywords on pages to full-service marketing. SEO pros get to wear multiple hats as they help connect development, information architecture, user experience, content strategy, marketing, social, and paid media teams. It’s a game of give and take – all in an attempt to create something that works for search engines and users.
There are plenty of cautionary tales about things as simple sounding as a site redesign or new CMS system causing a site’s traffic to drop or disappear leaving businesses scrambling. The simple fact of the matter is, most website changes these days affect SEO – and only by including SEO up front and throughout the project can a business hope to see positive results.